Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Never Settle

Ever have that feeling that what you have accepted or allowed to become important in your life isn't really what it could be?  I think we can deny that we feel uneasy about that decision we've made or person that occupies our time.  We make excuses for our decisions trying to accept them and make them seem good.  We may go on in a relationship that isn't quite right, because there is "potential".  We may pursue a career for just about every reason except knowing in our hearts it's what God intended.

I made a lot of settling decisions, but I am so thankful God never let me be okay with it.  No matter how much I tried to make it work, God never let me rest until I let that decision go...or that person.  And, let me tell you, I am stubborn.  I think God honored my request to always be in his will.  He was corralling me away from mediocrity and danger into green pastures.

It was so worth listening to God in the end.  So worth it.  I am married to an absolutely amazing man that has the biggest heart I have ever known.  I am treated like a princess, and loved so much I can barely breathe sometimes (in a good way:)  I look around my home and wonder how I got into this beautiful little house when I used to live in places where there were holes in the floor and mice living in every crevice.  I get to help people every day in my job and learn how to love even more.  My life is pretty stinkin' good.

I am so glad I listened to God's still small voice when I was younger...when I started down the wrong path.  I still remember the feeling of euphoria when I finally let go of that idea or person I had been holding onto that was just not fitting quite right.  It opened up space for my life now.  Thank God for his patience and understanding as we weave the fabric of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment