Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prayers Felt

Have you ever just felt prayers that are being prayed for you?  It's this indescribable feeling of support and lightness.  It could be as you are busy at your job, cleaning the house, in the middle of dinner or with friends and family.  It is a feeling of being lifted up by prayers you know have been uttered on your behalf.  You don't know who exactly or how, but the prayers that are prayed from an earnest heart never go unanswered.

I was feeling that recently as I was working.  It made me so grateful to those that spend themselves before the throne on my behalf.  What a gift!  It made me think of the many blessings in my life.  I think of how God has answered the prayer of a little girl that she would one day, have the kind of life she saw others had.  And I do.  Because, even though I may have envied their material things, what I wanted most, was so much more than that.  I wanted peace.  I wanted love.  I wanted to not feel so alone and worthless.  I am SO blessed that I don't feel that way anymore.  I have been given so much in the past few years.  I just overflow with the joy and fullness that only gifts sent straight from heaven give a heart.  Mostly, these gifts are people.  They are people that are in my life now that I love...and love me back.  A true treasure in this life is loving and being loved.

If the pain I went through as a child was the only way I would truly know and understand this ocean of love, joy and gladness, then so be it.  There is no thing on this earth I would trade it in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment