Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"You look pretty today."

This morning my husband dropped me off at work, because he is going to work on my car today.  As I was getting ready to brace the rain and run to the door to unlock my office, he said, "You look pretty today".
He says that quite often, and I usually just give a little smile and force out a "thank you"I still have a hard time taking compliments in.

As I started up my computer to begin my day, checked the calendar to see what was on the agenda and started to return messages, I thought about what he said again.  I got a warm feeling inside and an irrepressible smile crossed my face.  That little comment made my day start off so much better.  It gave me confidence.  Him seeing something about me that I do not always see makes me feel better about myself.  It makes me doubt all of those negative thoughts as women we tend to think about ourselves.  It makes me truly believe I am pretty on the outside and the inside.

Those little things are the things I love so much about him.  The ways he makes me feel like the most beautiful and special woman in the world.  Whether it's grabbing my waist to pull me closer when we are out and about or stroking my hair before we fall asleep at night; that's how I know.  He chose me.  I didn't just choose him.  He chose me, and he continues to choose me every day.  I love that.  I will never tire of being the one he wants to be with out of all of the women in the world.  Out of all of the women out there, I am the one he loves.  It makes me feel those things I felt in the beginning all over again.  I am a truly blessed woman to know love like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment