Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time

Time is an elusive thing.  It seems to go by ever so slowly when you're a kid waiting for summer vacation.  The days drag on as you wait for freedom.  But, as an adult, the days blur together and before you know it, a decade has passed.


We can't control time.  We can't make it be anything but what it is...A reminder of the brevity of this life.  A reminder to savor every moment.  A reminder of the one that holds the hour glass in his hand.  Of the one that has created a place that knows no time.

I wish time would stand still sometimes.  I do this thing where I make myself take a mental photograph of moments I want to remember when I am old.  Moments that I want etched in my memory when people I love have passed on from this life, and I am reflecting on the life I lived.  I want to remember those faces that have brought me so much joy and the times that have molded me as a person.

It makes me so happy to think there are no "ends" in heaven.  We will never run out of time!  Isn't that amazing?  We won't wish we could go back or be in the future.  We will just be.  We won't be late, because eternity has no limit.  We will exist as we were always meant to.  There won't be a time to live and a time to die.  Only a time to live...and live more fully than we can imagine.

I want to "be" down here.  I want to be in each moment as God intended it without worrying about the past or future.  Just to live each moment with grace.  That is hard task when there are so many circumstances that can cause us to worry about the future and dwell on the past.  But, with God, nothing is impossible.  Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment