Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's Not Fair

Ever said that?  It may have been under your breath or at the top of your lungs.  I think we've all said it, thought it and believed it.

I said it earlier today about something I truly believe to be unfair.  As I began to brew, a positive thought popped in my head about the situation.  How annoying is that?  I am about to start my rant about how unfair this is when I am interrupted by the Holy Spirit's perfect timing.  I decided instead of ignoring that positive thought, that I would expound upon it.  I would think similar positive thoughts, and try to see the bright side.  I got out of my funk quickly.  More quickly than I usually do.

The fact of the matter is...life is never going to be fair.  That is just the way it is.  We are going to encounter unfair situations that leave us disappointed, angry and feeling helpless.  We can either brood over how wrong others are for what they are doing to us or what we have not received that we should, or be grateful for what we do have.  Because in reality, the person that seems to have the upper hand by treating us unfairly now, will inevitably lose their footing.  Because...that's just life. 

Sometimes, things aren't fair just because they don't seem fair to us.  No one is hurting us or intentionally trying to be unfair.  No, we just believe that if something is unfair, there must be someone to blame.  Whether that's God or some person in our lives.  But, we live in a very unfair world.  The sooner we accept that and focus on the positive, the happier we will be.  I know I have spent hours, days, even years ruminating over something that I felt was superbly unjust.  All of that livid pacing of the mind...it was a waste of time.  God never said life would be fair.  Wherever we got that idea, it's a lie.  He did say he would always be there for us.  Whatever that may mean.  He is on our side, and he tends to bless those that have been treated unfairly disproportionately.  We just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment