Saturday, March 5, 2011

Soggy Sponge

Have you ever felt powerless....to stop something terrible that you see is going to happen?  How do you stop others from making choices that will end up killing them or believing things that are destructive.  How do you help those that want no help...those that do not believe they need help?  How do you bear the burden?

I recently began doing some research into my family history.  I find it more than sobering how decisions made generations ago affect my family now. What we do now does not only have consequences for us and the people around us presently, but generations in the future.

I find this somewhat comforting, as I believe I am making decisions now that will benefit those generations.  But, my heart breaks when I think of family members who live in darkness now because of the seed planted so long ago.  I cannot fix them.  I cannot make them see the truth.  I cannot make them healthy individuals.  I feel like a soggy sponge.  I love them dearly, but see that torment will most likely be their fate unless they change their ways.  I see that they live a sad life. 

No words come when I pray.  Just a girl crying before her King with unremitting sorrow.  He is no conventional King, but kneels down beside me as his heart hurts for them more than mine.  We cry together for this beautiful soul.  He holds me tight as we wait for them to choose right.  Thank you blessed Father, for the gift of a burdened heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment