Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blooms of Spring

As Spring begins to reveal itself, buds bring about hope and the promise of something beautiful to come.  Tiny little buds tell us that something more is to come.

I wonder though...what happens to those buds that just don't bloom?  They are frozen in time.  All of the hope we had for them turns to disappointment as we discard them for buds that have bloomed.  They never become what they could have.

I think about how many buds have started to sprout in my life, but fallen by the wayside.  I think about what was missed if only I had fed and nourished what was growing.  I think it was good to starve some things from growing anymore.  It would have been futile to keep trying to make a bud become what it was never intended to be...anything more than a bud.  On the other hand, great beauty was lost, because I didn't foster those buds that would have become something different and good in my life.

I love that Spring comes every year.  That new beginnings arise from the dark cold of winter.  It gives me hope that God can make life grow anywhere and in any temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment