Saturday, March 5, 2011

Georgia Bill and Miscarriage


Okay people.  Read the bill.  Just read it. Here it is:  http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2003_04/fulltext/hb1.htm

HB 1 - Abortion; petition superior court for permission 
That's the title of it.  Obviously the focus is abortion.  I admit I was highly offended at first. Someone posted on the Internet that women could get the death penalty in the state of Georgia if they could not prove they did not have anything to do with the death of their child-if the bill passes.  I was mortified that could happen.

Then, I actually read the bill.  It is a great bill.  It is trying to reverse Roe v. Wade.  I am all for that.  It could make physicians have to sign a certificate or something like it when a child is miscarried.  I would have loved for my child to be recognized in such a way.  I see this as a bill to protect babies and honor those that die for unknown reasons.  So, before we accept what the media says, we need to do our homework.

I also don't see how a woman could say this bill infringes on her rights.  The right to kill your child?  If you are heartbroken after a miscarriage, how could you not be heartbroken after an abortion?  Either way, a baby died.  If I lived in Georgia, Franklin would get my vote!

1 comment:

  1. The bill is about conveying personhood onto an unborn child. If an unborn child is a person according to the law, then abortion would be illegal because killing a person is illegal. I think this is a great bill. And for those that think they will have to prove that a miscarriage was not really an intentional abortion do not understand out legal system. You do not have to prove yourself innocent, the prosecution has to prove your guilty. If this bill passes, you will not have police detectives making you prove that you really did have a miscarriage and not an abortion. This bill outlaws abortion and the only reason miscarriage is in the bill is to make sure people couldn't have an abortion and then claim it was a miscarriage. This bill does not outlaw miscarriages.

    ReplyDelete