Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan Tsunami


What is there to say?  What words could possibly even describe how devastating the most recent events have been? 

I find myself without any means to express how deeply this type of thing penetrates.  Some people want to keep watching the news and stay updated.  They talk about it with each other giving the latest updates.  I do just the opposite.  I don't want to see the devastation that is more than devastating.  I can't bear to see it as I feel so helpless to rectify the situation.  I can pray.  I can send money.  But, the paralysis from events like these is so very difficult to overcome.  It is so unbelievably out of human control.  Some may want to blame God saying he made it happen.  I think people do this because they need someone to blame.  Then they can re-direct all of that anger somewhere.  He is the one that has the answers in all of this.  However those answers come, they cannot be heard if we have earplugs in.

I can say this.  I am so deeply sorry for the loss of lives...for the loss of spouses, children, parents, grandparents, and even pets.  I am so sorry for those hoping and praying their missing loved one will be found alive by some miracle.  I am so deeply sorry that there may never be closure for those that will keep looking up at every noise hoping that person missing will walk through the door.  My heart hurts for you.  My heart prays as my lips just cannot.  As the sun shines brightly here, a cloud of pain covers Japan.  Why should a disaster like this not happen here in the States?  It may be right around the corner.

I have lived a life without natural disasters wiping away the life I knew.  For that, I am very grateful.  As things like this continue to happen around the world, my gratitude grows as well as the knowledge that I am not exempt. One thing is for sure,  though.  Whether the rains fall or not.  Whether the storms rage or only sunshine's rays.  We can rest assured that God will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment