Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm with You

Here then there--
It doesn't seem fair.
Down then up,
That's enough.
No more please.
No more disease.
No more agony-
the stench of death
heavy on my breath.

So, here's my release,
My break from those chains.
I wait for the anvil to fall--
But it isn't coming.
I look up,
Confused and wondering,
why nothing is wrong.

I guess it's time-
Time to stop looking
For the dark cloud to hover.
It's time to look ahead.
Walk on.
Move forward
as the sunshine bathes my face.

It's different here
as I look around
without a care,
but thank you Lord
For answering that prayer-
For some peace.
For life instead of death.

Here it is.
Thank you God.
Here it is,
life without pain.
Sunshine...
longer than I have felt in quite awhile.

I will enjoy it.
I will savour the calm.
What you have in store
Is so much more.
More than I know now.
No matter if a storm brews
or the sunshine continues to bring sweet dew,
I'm with you.
Thank you sweet Father.
It's always gonna be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment