Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day


My husband and I were talking about Valentine's Day over the weekend.  He believes it is a holiday for women.  I do see his point.  He jokingly talked about how so much emphasis is put on getting the right thing for the woman in a man's life.  He wondered why I was getting offended as he kept saying how the holiday is all about women.  I tried to explain as best I could that I try really hard to make it about him, also.

As I was thinking more about it this morning, I realized that it means so much to me, because it symbolizes a dream come true.  It's not just another day on the calendar when we go out to eat.  I don't care if I get a nice present or even flowers (although I love flowers:).  It means so very much to me because of what has happened in my life.  This day symbolizes the breaking of longstanding captivity.  Those bars were tight, heavy and seemingly unbreakable.  Until, God answered prayers prayed long ago by many people.  My husband is the answer to those prayers and the key to my freedom.  Without God's intervention, I would have never realized he was the key, right under my nose, to a world I could only imagine.


So honey, I want to make today as much of a celebration of you as it is of me.  I am utterly blessed that you are in my life.  This day means so much to me, because you have shown me love.  Our love has broken bondage, and will continue to for the rest of our lives.  You are my heaven-sent Valentine.  I love you babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment