Thursday, February 3, 2011

Starving for Nothing


We're going to come into this world with nothing, and we're going to leave with nothing.  So, why is that we try so desperately to fill our lives with so many somethings? 

I love it when the refrigerator and cabinets are full of food.  It makes me feel really good.  I know it's because we did not always have money when I was a child to come close to that.  But, then I think about how much food I can throw out.  I think of that waste.  I do think of those starving children around the world that would love my scraps.  Why can't I be satisfied with what I need instead of longing to fill up and overflow my refrigerator, and my life, with what is not necessary?


You know, it really doesn't matter if I have a lot of food.  It just matters that I have food.  I am reminding myself today, not to get caught up in having stuff, but remember to put value, and spend what I have to give, on the relationships in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment