Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grace Today


"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."    ~I Corinthians 15:10

I wonder..do I really know Grace?  Do I know what it is to be filled up with the more than enough of God in all aspects of my life?  I don't think I do.  I think I have only glimpsed what his Grace in my life can accomplish.  I know that my so-called self-sufficiency has been the thief of unmerited favor and relief.

Grace does not merely save our souls...it creates life.  Grace does what we could never do.  It makes mountains, mole hills.  Grace is what makes a "good Christian".  Not works...it's the grace of God to do that work.  It's Him.  Period.

I am seeing areas in my life where grace does not abound.  Where I take it upon myself to handle the situation and glean from my own minuscule understanding.  I pray for God's grace to fill me today.  Because what I see as a strength, is most likely my greatest weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment