Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thank You Very Much!


I am terrible at accepting compliments.  It is one of the things about me that is a work in progress.  Before I have even realized it, I squelch the joy of others by short-circuiting their gift of words.  I'll change the subject, not really respond at all, or find anything to say except, Thank You.  So, to all of you whom I have done this to, my apologies.

It makes me think about how often I cut God off at the pass before He is able to completely tell me something that could be uplifting.  Do I run off to my next meeting or conversation prematurely?  Was there something he wanted to finish telling me through another person or silence of my car ride?  This can-do attitude of mine definitely has it's drawbacks.  But, I am so very thankful He is patient with me.  And thankful he is teaching me to be just as patient with others, no matter how frustrated I may become!  He is not letting me forget that the splinter I think is so apparent in someone else is nothing compared to the tree log that is my fault.  Discipline from God brings to light the ugliness in us that we may have thought were our strengths.  Pride cometh before a fall.  Tim-burr!



No comments:

Post a Comment