Friday, February 4, 2011

Just Another Piece of the Puzzle


1 Corinthians 15:58: Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Have you ever wondered what the point is?  What is the point of the work you are doing?  Are you really making a difference?  Does your work even matter?  I certainly have.  I have been so tired, both physically and emotionally, and felt that God had abandoned me in my exhaustion.

I have learned that the work of God is not necessarily what we may assume.  The work of the Lord is what he has entrusted us to do that day.  Whether it is mopping a floor, meeting with a friend, taking care of a child, cooking dinner, doing paperwork, or going to a meeting, God knew these things would transpire and has a plan.  Each conversation and task is an opportunity to see God.

So, in the minutiae of life, remember, it all matters.  Every little detail comes together to paint the portrait of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment