Monday, August 22, 2011

Loving the Unlovable

Love is an amazing thing.  Love continues to love when we are so very unlovable.  Love holds our hand after we reject it.  Love soothes our sores as we fight against it.  Love mends our wounds as we struggle to run away.

I recently had a terrible allergic reaction to some unknown fiend.  The itching quickly progressed and hives covered my entire body.  I became more and more agitated and started the annoying sick person whine.  I scratched the irritated skin so much that there was no more room under my nails for the excess skin.  As the allergy took it's course, my husband responded as every good man does.  He gave me medicine, made me stop scratching and put me to bed.  He endured the whining and the inevitable Benadryl high.  After sleeping for awhile, he checked to make sure the hives were gone.  He made me get up for work so I wouldn't be late, and gave me a hug and kiss goodbye.  Today, I feel very loved, because there is no other man on this earth that would love me the way he does.  There is no other person in the world that can do it just like him. 

Whether I am sick physically or emotionally, even if he doesn't understand, he loves me through it all.  He can see what will make me better when I can't or don't want to accept whatever kind of "medicine" I need.  When I am the most unlovable, he seems to love me more.  I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment