Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God's Will

I love that Martina McBride song about God's Will.  It makes me tear up every time I hear it.  The words are so real and so many really live them.

If you are unfamiliar with the song, it describes someone that looks all of their life for God's will.  They search and search doing all that they know only to meet up with the will of God in a very unplanned and unexpected way.  The story is about a little boy that is disabled.  She meets Will one Halloween night as he is trick or treating with his mother.  The song goes on to describe the relationship they build and Will eventually moving away to get better medical treatment but dying shortly thereafter.

What touches me most about the song is how Will brought life to the friend he met.  He lived every day fully and completely.  He loved others with a deep love and loved God even more.  He did not fear what was unknown but pressed on.  He kept a genuine smile on his face and cared for others when it seems he is the one that needed the most care.  He was one of those people that gave way more to anyone else than they could give to him.

I think about my job.  I think about the people I get to talk to every day.  They might not walk like I do.  They may not talk like I do.  But they touch my heart in a way I will never be able to imitate.  They make me a better person.  I appreciate them so much for living in a world that does not adjust to them.  I admire their determination, spirit and infectious laughter.  They give me hope, because no matter my state, I think of them and cannot complain about anything.  They are the most interesting people I have ever known, and that will never change.  No matter who I meet in the future...whether it's an important political figure, famous actor, great intellect, or someone talented in every possible way, the "disabled" will always win the trophy.

I look at them and know that God has such a wonderful plan for us all.  I am so thankful for the people he has put in my life to help me remember that.  They don't wonder what they are going to do with their lives.  They just do life.  I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment