Friday, October 14, 2011

Free to Fly

I have often admired how beautifully God uses a gentle breeze or gust of wind to paint my world.  I will look out the window in Spring to see little pink petals from a tree whisked away to dance.  In Autumn, red and orange leaves fall only to twirl around on the ground celebrating their freedom.  It's amazing how these living portraits inspire.

I am a very blessed woman...and a free woman.  To me, these yearly occurrences that mark the seasons are reminders of just where I have come from and where I am going.  There is nothing to hold me back...no chains except the ones I place on myself.  At one time in my life, I was bound by the sin of others, but no longer.  I choose to be as free as that butterfly that listlessly floats in a mesmerizing pattern through the air.

The point is, Christ frees us, and we have to choose that freedom every day.  Not the yolks of heaviness that are not ours to bear.  We can choose to remember that no matter what earthly bondage others try to place on us, we will always be free.  I have to remind myself just about every day not to get consumed with the goings on of this world.  This life is breath, a split second compared to forever with Christ.  So, I have no business trying to make it more than it really is.  I choose to fly, closing my eyes to feel the wind on my face, breathing in that sweet smell of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment