Monday, September 12, 2011

Walk by Faith

I thought I knew
what was really you-
Then everything changed,
I couldn't see you again...
Where did you go?
Why can't I know?
Are you coming back
to make my heart race fast?
Will you shed some light
on the darkness of night?
Will I again see,
as I fall to my knees?
Will my hope be secured
by the effort I put forth?
Will the fog lift,
or will I die in this mist?
Will my questions be answered
and the truth discovered?
Will this side of heaven
ever know why,
or will the answers be revealed
when once the scroll is unsealed?

I do not know
how far you will go-
To mold within me,
a heart of pure gold.
But this is true,
I will trust you to do
the work to make it whole
until the story is told.
The one you have in mind-
The one you've designed--
I wait in anticipation
for that revelation,
of a life created
and never forsaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment