Saturday, April 23, 2011

Waiting on a Miracle


Remember Esther in the Bible?  I was thumbing through and started reading some of the commentary in my Bible.  I find it kind of funny that they point out how God is never mentioned by name.  Immediately, what popped in my head was that He has many names.  I thought about how God is weaved so seamlessly into that story.  I also thought about how Esther had to have felt being taken from her family and people to live in a place she didn't want to be at a time when she thought she needed to be with her people.

She must have wondered where God was and why he would allow her to be stolen away by a King that did not serve her God nor had many moral scruples about him.  I would have wondered that.  Her entire world got turned upside down. 

Little did she know that it was really being turned right side up.  It's because she trusted that God would come through.  She trusted Mordecai and followed his direction,  and her people were saved and hope returned.  God had been preparing Esther "for such a time as this" all of her life.  God had seen that hers was a heart that was malleable and could bring his plan to fruition.

I think about her and how she continued to trust God and Mordecai those 12 months she waited to be brought before a man she did not know to become his.  She was subjected to what is kidnapping now.  Her only family and her people were going to be annihilated.  Yet, God had taken her from them.  I wonder if I can wait with questions that are unanswered for as long as God sees fit.  Can I wait to see his grand plan unfold before my eyes?  Will I obey in each step as needed so that each clue of the mystery unfolds?  I pray I have the strength and stamina to be obedient and loving no matter the situation I find myself in.

I believe God has magnificent plans for us if we are willing to let seeds he has sown grow.  I think we get impatient, and then do things ourselves getting some result instead of an amazing result.  I also think we don't really expect amazing things from God much anymore.  We are so self-sufficient, we have little need to trust him it seems.  But, I really believe we are missing out on a lot, a whole lot.  Praying for miracles should not only happen in crisis but all of the time. We have a very big God.  So, I am going to expect very big things!


No comments:

Post a Comment