Monday, April 11, 2011

No Man is an Island


Do you ever feel that somehow, life keeps going, but you  aren't going with it?  Somehow, you are in a semi-paused state, while everyone else seems to have sped up.  It is such a weird place to be.  You don't even really know how you got there.  You are just there.  Life seems to be moving so very quickly, but you have not been caught up in the cascade of it as others are. You are standing on an island that emerged out of nowhere as you watch the rapids keep going.

I know the benefits of island living.  The serene.  The inner calm it can bring.  But, then looking at those waters makes one wander why they can't be part of the fun.  The excitement of riding the waves. 

If you jump in before the time is right, before you are prepared, it can be very dangerous.  How do you know when it's right?  Does a bright light beam down from heaven and the voice of God thunder down?  Are you on the island one minute and consumed by the waters the next?  Do you slowly and seamlessly slip into the waters?  How is it going to happen.  When does the reflection and solitude end on that island?


I don't pretend I know the motives of God or the plans he has.  But he says he knows them, and they are always good for me.  So, as I wait for my turn in the river, I know he is giving me the muscles I need to navigate now.  As I long to be there, I have to appreciate how he is preparing me.  I cannot wait until He reveals more of this plan to me.  I believe with all of my heart that it will be an incredible and undying story.  So, until then, this island is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment