Monday, April 30, 2012

Marrying Your Prince

I grew up, like most little girls, dreaming of getting married to my prince and living happily ever after.  I guess I never really thought it would happen, though.  I assumed I would take care of myself.  I thought that if I got married, I would be older and established in a career.

God thought otherwise.  I never dreamed that he would bless me with what I know to be the only man that is absolutely perfect for me.  Where did that come from?  I didn't orchestrate it.  I didn't settle for a guy, because it was easy or convenient.  No, this man came into my life and changed me forever, and he continues to every day.  When it's right, that certainly doesn't mean it's easy.  Just think about it from satan's point of view.  If he knew that God wanted two people together, don't you think he would do all that he could to keep them apart?  Don't you think he would take every measure he could to poke them where they are the weakest?  I certainly know that he has thrown his arsenal at us.  Wouldn't it stand to reason that if satan did not care if two people ended up together realizing they weren't meant to be, he wouldn't cause any friction.  He loves mediocrity.  I think if the relationship is just so "perfect" and you never argue or disagree...something must be terribly wrong underneath the surface.

I know that I am so blessed.  I am so very blessed that I didn't make a stupid decision when I was younger and end up a lonely married woman.  I had always prayed for the miracle of him and our marriage, but I guess I never expected God to love me so much that he would gift me with it.  It is something words cannot describe, the bond we share.  Besides Christ's sacrifice for me, it is the greatest gift I have ever known.  We didn't get married because we didn't want to break up.  We got married, because if we didn't, we would be disobeying God.

It's amazing to look back on how far we have come.  I think of all of the ways the enemy has tried to destroy us.  I think of how close we have been to being destroyed, and how God swoops in to save us like an eagle out of nowhere.  We have both changed.  The melding of two people into one is not an easy process.  I am hopeful for a future that is bright.  We have built a foundation that is strong-built out of blood, sweat and tears with God as the force that holds it together.  I am proud of that foundation, and all that will be built upon it.  I am looking forward to the rest of this fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment