Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life Decisions and Working Out

I recently started working out more.  Okay, let me start over.  I recently started working out. :)  I have started out slowly, but I have been pushing myself to do a little more every time I go to the gym.  This morning, I did a pretty intense workout.  I have been walking ever so slowly in my new heels today since my legs and butt are screaming at me not to move.

It's funny how one change in your life can make you feel so much better.  This simple little change I have made has already made a difference.  I physically and mentally feel better.  I know that exercising is releasing stress and helping me be a more healthy person.  I also know that there can be things in our lives that we acknowledge we need to do or change, but just keep putting it off.  Working out was my thing.  I'd say to friends how I knew I needed to do it, but just didn't have the motivation.  I was tired after work, or I didn't think I could get up that early.  What finally motivated me was how cheap the gym was and my husband joining the gym with me.  Even though we don't work out together much, we are both making a lifestyle change.  He is in it with me.  That is a nice feeling.

I think feeling supported in the change is crucial, especially if it is something you kind of dread.  It may be like going to the gym.  You know you need to do it.  You know you will feel better-all the way around, but you just can't seem to get yourself to do the very thing that would be positive in your life.  Sometimes, it can just take someone saying they will walk beside you through it that helps get you get going.  You may see a window of opportunity (like a cheap gym membership) and realize you would be a fool not to take advantage of it.  Other times, you just have to go for it no matter who is with you or how hard it may seem.
Little changes can create amazing results.  We just have to decide to make them each day.

Maybe you have a big change that needs to be made, but are petrified of how it will turn out.  Been there.  It can really suck.  I remember feeling scared to death to make decisions that I knew would alter life as I knew it, but man, I am glad I did.  After I made the decision, it didn't seem so big and scary anymore, either.  Every big decision is preceded by little decisions.  Just make good little decisions, and the big decisions won't seem so huge.  After all, it's the little things that seem to define us-not what everybody else sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment