Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Was Blind, but Now I See

How often do we make judgment calls about other people's lives when we don't really know what we're talking about?  How often do we see ourselves as wise in our own eyes, when it's really pride?  I see this in myself through each passing tide that rolls in and out of my life.  I see that what once gave me confidence is really selfishness and arrogance.

It feels good to think you know.  It's nice to feel like you have a handle on life. 

When unanswerable questions arise, we can shrug our shoulders and move on, put in our two cents based on what we think we know, or we can postulate ourselves before the living God in humility-not running from the unknown or trying to nail it down, but bowing before the one who knows all.  When life is void of answers, he is the One that soothes our souls.  There, in his arms, is where we find solace, wisdom, grace and love.  There is where we truly see.

Faith is not an abstract form of religion.  Faith is personal.  Faith is what grows inside.  Faith is what we lack.  Faith is not something we can conjure up.  It is a gift, yet how often do we sincerely pray for that gift that's there for the taking?  Isn't it easier to trust in our own wisdom and make ourselves god than to be humbled?  To take the form of a servant, seems below us. 

Yet, the tiniest speckle of faith changes everything.  True faith given by the Holy Spirit, heals, forgives, and creates life.  Faith says, whatever comes, let it come.  My God is with me.  He will sustain me.  He is my rock and my shield, my defender and protector.  This current heartache will not last and is but a drop in the bucket compared to the glorious life I will live in heaven for all time.

Though I was blind, now I see.
The Creator and me,
Walking together, side by side-
Gloriously blinded in the dead of night.

Though foe and fiend try to take me,
He will not let go of his sheep.
There is nothing to fear or figure out.
My God, my love, has erased all doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment